Become an IB Student!! ... It's Not Too Late ... Register Now for Pre-IB and IB Courses
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to register for Pre-IB and IB courses at Park View Education Centre! If you are ready for an academic challenge that provides excellent preparation for university, then the International Baccalaureate (IB) program is for you!!
O2 (Options and Opportunities) is a career exploration program, designed to prepare students for successful transitions from high school to a career path or post-secondary program.
Please visit our web site for more information:
PARK VIEW IB EXAM SCHEDULE
Use the links below to view PDF Versions of the Exam Schedule, PVEC Regulations, IB Regulations and NSCC Guidelines.
Morning exams start at 10:00 am and afternoon exams have varied start times - refer to the schedule.
The times given are start times for exams. Students are expected to arrive at NSCC 10-15 minutes before these start times; a waiting area is available near the front entrance.
Bookbags, knapsacks, textbooks, etc must be left at the back of the room.
Exam times include a mandatory 5-minute instruction reading time. There is a 5- minute break between exam papers.
Registration for 2016 - 2017
The process of registering of our current Grade 10 and 11 students and our entering Grade 9 stduents for the 2016 - 2017 year has begun.
Timeline to help students and parents navigate the registration process:
Grade 10 and 11 Students:
- April 4 - A Homeroom will be held and teachers will go over the registration process with each class.
- Log into PowerSchool Student Portal and make your courses request based upon the information you received. (Watch the Tutorial Video below).
- April 5 - Ms. Kelly and Ms. Brooks will then meet individually with students to complete the process.
- May 3 and 4 - A Homeroom will be held to hand out course verification sheets to be signed by a parent/guardian and returned the following day in Homeroom. It will need the student fee with it. Please pay online usng PayPal (preferred) or by cheque payable to Park View Education Centre.
Fees may be made this year using Credit or Debit Card on PayPal.
Click here for a direct link to the 2016 - 2017 Course Handbook.
Documents for Current Grade 9 Students:
Click here to view the 2016 - 2017 PVEC Registration Info Powerpoint for current Grade 9 Feeder School students.
Click Here to view the 2016 - 2017 Grade 10 Course Selection Form (pdf format)
Current Grade 9 Students:
Counsellor presentations and distribution of materials to Grade 9 students has begun. Parent and student inforation nights will be held at Park View Education Centre:
A Pre-IB Information Night was held Wed. March 9, 2016 at 7:00 pm in the Cafeteria at Park View.
March 23, 2016 at 6:30pm: Park View Education Centre Cafeteria
A General Information Session for Grade 9 Parents was held.
Specialist & Student Council Information Session for Gr 9 students.
If you missed any of these sessions or have questions, please contact the Counselling Centre.
Embedded Collaborative Learning Time
Park View Education Centre
Use the link below for a communication letter with information on the Collaborative Learning Time and dates for the 2015-2016 academic year.
The next Embedded Day is May 4, 2016
South Shore Colour Festival
Stop gossiping to your friends for 10 seconds because this is something you’ll want to hear. History is being made by Art Happening Bridgewater on May 14 with a festival so awesome, you’ll think you’re dreaming. Free henna tattoos, colour tossing, a DJ, and much more! Just bring $20 with you on May 6 and buy your South Shore Colour Festival ticket at lunch before they’re sold out!
Visit the event website for more details! http://www.southshorecolourfestival.com/
District of Lunenburg Recreation
- Waterfall Walk - 2 - 5:30 pm, May 7, meet at 4668 Hwy 10, New Germany It's FREE!
- Loose Parts Play Workshop - 1 - 3 pm, May 14, MARC, Dayspring It's FREE!
- Food Handlers Course - 6 - 9 pm, May 18 & 19, MARC, Dayspring
- Children's Fishing Derby - 9 - Noon, May 28, MARC, Dayspring It's FREE!
- Kids Outdoor Clothing/Sports Gear Swap - 9 am - Noon, May 28, MARC, Dayspring
- Canadian Tire Jumpstart Day - 10 am - 2 pm, May 28, Cookville Store
- Family Outdoor Day - 3 - 6 pm, May 29, MARC, Dayspring $10 Family or $5 pp.
For information call 541-1343 or visit www.modl.ca
Watch for the summer recreation guide with your flyers on June 2, 2016