* The Nova Scotia School Accreditation Program is all about school improvement.
* An accredited school is an improving school.
* To be accredited a school must present convincing evidence (data) demonstrating improvement in each of its SMART goals (student achievement and school performance.)
School Accreditation Is:
* data-driven school improvement
* consistent with the Department's and School Board's stated aim to continually improve schools
* built on a self-assessment process that is inclusive (school community)
* a collegial model
* a response to public accountability
* about the external validating of the school's improvement plan
* an opportunity for professional growth
* about strengthening school-community relations
* an impetus for change
* an ongoing flexible process that continues over a several cycles
School Accreditation Is Not:
* a mechanism to evaluate individual staff performance
* a mechanism to compare schools
* a one time event
* a school "inspection" per se
Park View Education received Accredited Status in 2009. The school is currently in its fourth and final year of it's second accreditation.